ShareThis

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pondering... and Praying

I have been thinking a lot recently about random things:
I thought this was cool. I saw it on Pinterest.
God is eagerly  waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, Just as he always has, But he can’t if you do not pray, And he can’t if you do not dream. In short, he can’t if you don’t believe. - Elder Jeffery R. Holland
I can't wait to go home.
  • I know the last time I went home over winter break I probably wasn't the best child. I argued with my siblings and I was spoiled with the best Christmas present ever (my Ukulele)
  • When I go home for this 4 month break I hope to be a better daughter and sister. I really need to work on my patience. I don't want to be known as the awful sister/daughter. I want to appreciate my family in person as I have learned to appreciate them whilst being away.
  • I am looking forward to seeing my special ed friends in my mom's class.
    • The other day, Jordan called me crying because he misses me so much. I wanted to cry too. I can't wait to see him and my other friends. I can't wait to be a Special Education teacher because I know I will love them and enjoy my job, as tough as it will be sometimes. I can't wait to see the joy that comes from my life as a teacher to such innocent souls. They are seriously the best
The gospel is amazing.
  • I have been having a hard time enjoying church while in college. I miss being in young women's and having older women teach me amazing things. Now that I am a young adult it is hard to take those my same age seriously. Its really hard but I am trying my best. 
  • I love my Book of Mormon class.
    • My professor Dr. Marsh is seriously the best. I have learned things I have never even thought about before. I have come to appreciate the prophets and the BoM so much more since being in his class. I hope I can have him for all of my religion classes in the future. He is seriously the best.
  • I really want to study the Doctrine and Covenants and LDS history
  • Book of Mormon Reading Chart
    • Ever since starting my BoM classes I have learned a lot about church history that I had never thought about before. I am ashamed to say that I have never read the whole D and C and I know that so many of my questions will be answered once I read it. 
    • The history of the church is so fasinating and I really want to learn more
  • I think it would be really awesome to read the whole Book of Mormon with my siblings in say like a week. I just want to sit down and read for hours just rotating every few pages. I think it would be so awesome. I know that by doing this I will be able to grow so much with my family. We've read the BoM many times before as a family but it has taken at least a year of family scripture study to go through the whole thing. I really want to get into the habit of family scripture study when I get home so that it will help me and my family become regular in study while I am away. I also want to have real FHE every Monday. We need to do spiritual and fun things every week. I think these are really important to do so that when I have my own family, I will already be in the habit.
Praying
  • School is really tough on me right now.
    • Ever since I had Shingles it has been hard getting back into my classes.
      • I would rather not go to them at all. 
      • I love what I learn in my classes but its hard for me to get there in the first place
    • right now I have so much on my plate. I have major assignments and tests in many of my classes over the next last few weeks of school and I don't know how I am going to manage. There is just so much for me to do. I am trying not to stress out too much because I don't want to get sick.
    • I just need to pray for the strength to stay healthy and not stress out so that I can handle finishing all my school work. I like being productive but it can be really difficult sometimes. I know with God's help I can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment