ShareThis

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm Basically a Chef

Um so today I took a really long nap and I woke up and was inspired to make the most amazing creations of food ever. Ok well I actually just found the recipe for one of them on Pinterest and it looked good so I made it.
They turned out delicious. Be Jealous
Banana Scones

Ingredients
2 cups flour (I used wheat)
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
½ cup mashed banana
2 tablespoons milk
1 egg, beaten
Vanilla sugar (or table sugar)
Instructions
1.     Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and prepare a sheet pan with a silpat or parchment paper.
2.     In the bowl of a food processor, combine the dry ingredients. Pulse in the cold butter.
3.     In a separate bowl combine the banana, heavy cream and egg and mix them together well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and Pulse until the dough comes together well.
4.     Turn out onto a floured surface and gently form into a disc. Slice into 8 scones.
5.     Put the scones on the prepared sheet pan and rub the top of each with some of the heavy cream (or milk), and then sprinkle with sugar.
6.     Bake the scones at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and Enjoy!


BUT first I made this for dinner!
I just got left over taco meat. Some black beans. Pepper Jack Cheese. And Cheddar Cheese. I just randomly but that stuff in the the green bell pepper and this masterpiece was made. It was freaking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment