ShareThis

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Marriage, Food, and Dread Locks

I have a lot of random things to address today. First off, today is another interesting day because the sanctity of marriage is again being brought into the spotlight. A supreme court judge is the deciding factor of whether or not the ruling of Proposition 8 is unconstitutional. You don't have to agree with me but I believe that marriage should always stay between one man and one woman. This in no way means that I am a homophobic. I love many gay and lesbian people. Pretty much, if any person no matter race, gender, or sexual orientation, is nice to me, then I am nice to them. Simple as that.
I was reading an interesting article today that addressed the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' position and view of same sex marriage... here is a quote from it:
"a statement of the First Presidency in 1991: “The Lord’s law of moral conduct is abstinence outside of lawful marriage and fidelity within marriage. Sexual relations are proper only between husband and wife, appropriately expressed within the bonds of marriage. Any other sexual conduct, including fornication, adultery, and homosexual and lesbian behavior is sinful. Those who persist in such practices or influence others to do so are subject to Church discipline.”' (here is a link to the article- Article on Same Sex Attraction)
It also addresses the fact that so many people have afflictions and temptations that inflict their ability to do certain things. Being homosexual is another affliction. I know this seems to have a negative connotation to it but what I'm trying to say is, even though we all have issues and some may seem harder than others, God will never give us any temptation that we cannot overcome.  Obviously if you feel a certain way, it is so difficult to control those feelings. I believe that it is possible. I feel sad for those who think that because they cannot marry someone they will never be happy. I believe that as long as you are doing the best you can and doing what God has intended for you to do then you will find happiness. This life is only a split second when compared to the eternities. It may seem like this lifetime is for forever but we can all overcome our trials if we are doing our best to do what God wants us to do.  It says how homosexuality is not a noun it is an adjective. It is something that describes the way someone feels. It is one thing to act upon one's feelings and another to only feel them.
This is seriously an odd topic though. How can I state my feelings without someone being offended? I respect the view of others and I believe that they should respect my view.
I know it may be hard for some to view things the way I do but I just hope to bring to light to the fact that not all of us are haters. I promise you. Even though you may feel under attack does not mean that everyone is out to get you. There is always going to be those crazy people who just hate because they feel like that is what they should do. I am not one of them.
I believe that some people will never understand or feel the same about this issue. I believe that I cannot inflict my beliefs onto someone who is unaccepting of them. I understand that people did not grow up the same way I did. They did not get taught the things I've been taught. They have not come to have personal beliefs the way that I have. They have not grown up as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I will always believe and defend every position my church is supporting. That does not mean you have to. As much as I wish that you will come to the same understanding as me, I do not wish to force you to believe anything that you don't want to. We all have freedoms and this is one of them. That is the beauty of living in the United States.
Anyways, if you don't come to the same conclusion as me, that is up to you but I hope that this was in some way enlightening.
I thought this was really interesting. But it's true if you think about it.
I didn't make the sour cream either
On to another topic. I made delicious beans, Spanish rice, and homemade whole wheat tortillas. Everything I made was from scratch except the salsa I put in the Spanish rice. What ever. It was delicious. I am a chef. My future husband will love my cooking (I hope.) haha. This is the link to the recipe for the Whole Wheat Tortillas!
Also.... I put a dread lock in my hair.... I know gross right? Not really. I will continue to wash my hair as always. I have one single dread because I plan to take it out eventually but basically it is just a bunch of knots in a small chunk of my hair.
Well... T minus 32 days until I will be on my way home! (I don't know why we use "Tminus" What does that mean anyways?) I am so excited. Literally one month (and a day) to go... But first I need to survive finals and the other major assignments that I have. TTFN- ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment