ShareThis

Monday, April 22, 2013

Finals... And Everything Else

So, instead of studying for finals I'm going to do everything possible to avoid them and distract myself. But really. I just don't care. And that is bad.
Basically, I've taken 1 of my 5 finals and today is the 3rd day of finals... I'm not off to a great start. I'll take them, don't worry, but all I can think of is everything except for school. I just want to hang out with everyone and anyone. I don't want to study and come to the realization that my freshman year of college is over in 2 days. Isn't that insane? Where has the year gone? It's kind of surreal. Hopefully I actually enjoy my time at home for the next few months because it will be gone before I know it. If I had a reason to stay, I probably would. As for now, my motivation for going home is basically to see my family and go to Disneyland... of course.. I'm definitely obsessed but I just haven't been in what feels like forever.
I am so blessed to grow up where I did. Seriously, everyone thinks that there is nothing to do in Murrieta
This is my studying face
This is my face when
I'm not studying and having fun

but if they came to Provo they would know that they are terribly wrong. Ya, there isn't much to do in Murrieta but at least it's about an hour drive to each of the awesome destinations in Southern California. Seriously what was I ever thinking? Murrieta is home. It will always be home and I love it. There is so much to do in Southern California and I am seriously so lucky to have been able to do so many fun things with my family and friends growing up. Like they say, you never knew what you had until it's gone. But really. It's the truth. Trust me. Even if you didn't grow up where I did, everyone's hometown is unique and a blessing.
I know BYU is where I'm supposed to be for the next few years so I just need to enjoy it and the enjoy being with all the people that I meet. It's a great place. It's not home but it's my home for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment