ShareThis

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Window to the Soul

Eyes.
How difficult would life be without them? I love music but if I couldn't see, I don't know how I would be able to live. I can't even imagine.
So the reason for this topic is the fact that I am pretty blind. I have a current prescription of -7.50 in both of my eyes. I'm lucky that it's the same in both eyes because that helps with not mixing up my contacts.
I remember when I first noticed my vision swaying. I was 7 years old. I was watching Lady and the Tramp 2 and I remember there being bold words on the screen. I remember telling my mom that the words were all fuzzy. Basically, it's been down hill from there. Every time I get them checked they are worse and worse. It's pretty sad. One day I hope to get laser eye surgery. It's pretty scary but I know it would help a lot.
It's scary to take off my glasses and contacts every night and realize that I can't see. It makes me feel vulnerable and I don't like it. I'm just blessed to be able to have those tools help me through my life. If I lived a thousand years ago I don't know how I would have done it. How lucky am I to live at a time where the technology is available to me. It's amazing. 
This is what I saw with my eyes during my run this morning. So beautiful!
Today I went on a run in the park just down the street. It was so beautiful. I have missed running in such a beautiful place. It was warm and sunny and so green. This is what Spring should feel like. I am so lucky to have grown up in such a awesome city.
I noticed so much because today I finally pulled out my contacts with the right prescription  When I last got my eyes checked I still had a few pairs of my old contacts left so I was using them first. Today I finally tried the ones I was supposed to be wearing this whole time. I can see so clearly. I love it! My glasses are still pretty bad though. I hate wearing them. They are definitely the wrong prescription and I feel so boxed in. I feel like I have this box around my life and I am just not myself. I basically have no peripheral vision because I am so blind. My whole life changed when I got contacts in the 6th grade. It was hard to get used to putting them in at first but ever since it has been so easy. I don't know why people complain about contacts because they are seriously the best. I am so blessed.
I am grateful for my eyes. I am grateful for my contacts and glasses. I am grateful that my eyes are the window for my soul. I live through my eyes. If you think about it, what would you be without them?
My glasses! I think they make my eyes look smaller.
That's another reason why I don't wear them very often in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment