ShareThis

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"Hypocrites can’t help people"

These past few months have been challenging. I've realized that I'm not as secure in certain aspects of my life as I should be. I don't know how it happened but I'm noticing things that I need to work on to become my best self. I feel like this happens to a lot of people. I've also realized that I can't be an example or help others until I help myself. How can I be strong for someone when I don't even know what I want exactly. It's strange to think about how much I have changed and how much certain things in my life have affected me and turned me into the person I am today.
The title of the blog post has a lot of meaning and I've kind of already explained it. A lot of times I've realized that the advice I give or that other people give actually applies to that person as well. It's strange how sometimes the advice we give to others is actually just what we needed to hear personally. You know how people who give talks at church or speeches or whatever tell the audience something like, "By preparing this, I've realized how much I needed to hear this specific thing myself." I think that is so awesome and annoying at the same time. I guess hearing it from yourself can either be easier or harder than hearing it from someone else.
I don't really know where this is going but at the moment I'm becoming more aware of my life and what I need to work on. It's going to be hard. I want to be there for other people but I can't unless I figure out what I need. I think I'm getting there.
"Be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side."
I know the Lord is always by my side. When I make mistakes or fall away in certain aspects of my life, he knows exactly how to help me figure it out. He will always help me where I cannot help myself. I know I can do all things with the help of the Lord. I know that whatever challenges I face and temptations that I have I can make it through. Things will always work out. I will be at peace with the way things work out. I can be strong enough for myself and others.
Surround yourself with the people you feel will help you become your best self. You can do it, and so can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment